Q: (from Ben)
I am looking for information on OneDrive and how an admin can maintain and have access to the files. Can you point me in the right direction?
If you are referring to OneDrive for consumers, there is NO administrative access. Don’t let your customers use consumer quality products in their businesses.
If you are referring to OneDrive for Business, you should be able to use this SkyDrive technique: https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/p/221772/680996#680996. I just tested it, and it works exactly the same with OneDrive for Business. Following are the steps in case the above post should get removed:
- Log into your SharePoint Online site with administrative access: yourdomainname-admin.sharepoint.com
- Select User Profiles from the left hand list
- Select Manage User Profiles from under People
- Type the name of the person you are looking to access and click Find
- From the dropdown list under Account Name, select Manage site collection owners
- Change the Primary Site Collection Administrator (if the user has left the organization) or add another Site Collection Administrator if you are just looking for co-administration and click OK