Q: (from so many partners, I can’t count them)
What editions will be available for Windows 10?
It appears the Windows 10 Edition lineup was announced on the Windows 10 blog on May 13th:
And then repeated by everyone all over the blogosphere including some of our own sites:
In summary, there appear to be several consumer and business editions based on our recent product history:
- Windows 10 Home – for consumer desktop, laptop, and larger tablet devices
- Windows 10 Mobile – for phone and smaller tablet devices
- Windows 10 Pro – for commercial desktop, laptop, and larger tablet devices with enhanced business features and update options
- Windows 10 Enterprise – for organizations who need deeper security and deployment choices for their devices
- Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise – for organizations who need advanced management and deployment options for phone and small tablet devices
- Windows 10 Education – for students, teachers, staff, and administrators
Please see the above links for more detailed information on each edition. At this time, Windows 10 pricing has not been announced – I’ll update this post with more information when it’s made available.