Josh Condie – Starting this week is a 4-week technical training series to help the architects and technical presales resources in your organization ramp up with Microsoft Azure. It will require a 4-5 hour commitment per week (with a 1 hour of webcast, homework, labs and office hours participation.
The first webcast session is Tuesday, 6/3, at 9am PDT, so please act quickly to register.
What is Oz 4 IaaS
Oz for IaaS, is an innovative four week progressive readiness program that combines technical (300 level) content along with Sales readiness to prepare the Practice Leads, Solution Architects and/or Delivery consultants to sell and deliver Azure Infrastructure solutions to their customers. Sessions will be delivered by Microsoft Azure MVP’s – so you can expect a practical, consultative approach to this training. Oz for IaaS will be progressive readiness continuing on from where the first delivery culminated in November 2013. We will start with an overview of the main features released since October 2013 and then transition into detailed sessions on key major additions to the platform.
You should expect a 4-5 hour time commitment per week. This includes pre-reading, attending the live webcast, participating in the community (Q&A) and lab work. Prior to attending the first session it’s highly recommended that you get your Microsoft Azure subscription setup. If you don’t already have one – you can sign up for a free trial here: http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/free-trial/ You get $200 credit for your first month. Expect to run 2-3 VM’s per week (you are not ‘charged’ for VM’s that are not running) for the lab work.
Feel free to pass this invite along to others in your organization who would be interested in attending. Seating is limited so be sure to register as soon as possible.
It is recommended that participants have taken Infrastructure as a Service v1. If you were unable to attend the live offering delivered in October of 2013, there is a refreshed version of the v1 content available here along with the original v1 recordings here. Oz for IaaS is a progressive readiness program, we do not intend to repeat previously delivered material unless significant changes in the underlying feature take place.
· 60 minute training webcast each week
· Up to 3 hours of homework (reading, labs/exercises, participating in ‘office hours’ with the instructors, etc…) per week
· Leverage expertise of Microsoft Azure MVP’s
· Guest speakers from the Microsoft Azure Product Group
· Learn about the key components and services surrounding Microsoft Azure IaaS
· 300 Level Technical presentations
· In-depth product demonstrations
· Best practices on how to implement technology for customers.
· Learn about the best ways to sell the Microsoft Azure platform to customers
· Learn how to best engage with MS Field
· Dealing with objections
When: Once per week, Tuesday’s at 9 a.m. PDT, June 3rd to June 24, 2014
Where: Virtual/Live Meeting
Who Should Attend: This program is intended for Practice Leads, Solution Architects, Developers or other individuals that are new to the Microsoft Azure IaaS Platform and will be responsible for selling and/or building custom software solutions on top of the platform.
There will be limited slots available for this program and therefore we will be looking for registered attendees to commit to regular/active attendance to webcasts and completing all homework assignments on time.
· Registration will require you be a member of the Microsoft Partner network; make sure your Microsoft Account/Windows Live ID is associated with your organization. Find out more here. Association may take 48 hours to process.
· Please do not register on behalf of someone else – please associate the Windows Live ID first then register for training. Find out more here.
If anyone on your team has questions please feel free to reach out to us directly at .