Get2Modern Program Update
Josh Condie – One of the most important efforts that Microsoft and it’s channel partners will undertake over the course of the next 9 months (til April 8, 2014) is assisting and enabling our customers (especially SMB customers) in their move to a more modern PC experience. This means moving them off of Windows XP and Office 2003 quickly. This also means great opportunity for the partner community: New hardware plus Office (and Office 365) attach, volume licensing for Windows 8 upgrades and Office VL, and value-added services such as migration and deployment. It is truly a multi-billion dollar opportunity, and Microsoft is prepared to support and incent all levels of the channel through this process. The Get2Modern program is one of the biggest of these programs. I encourage all SMB partners to become very familiar (or re-familiarized) with it’s details, incentives, and marketing and selling resources.
Main public program site with lots of good information (reusable in a presales context) around the liabilities of staying on XP and Office 2003:
Some examples from the //Readytogo partner site:
Examples of some Get2Modern Campaign Assets Include:
– Digital Marketing Strategies and Channels eBook
– Get2Modern with Surface – Demand Gen Email
– Get2Modern with Surface – Event Invite Email
– Get2Modern with Surface – Flyers
– Get2Modern with Surface – Posters
– Get2Modern with Surface – Presentation Pitch Deck
– Get2Modern with Surface – Print Ads
– Get2Modern Animated Banners
– Get2Modern Social Media Messaging
– Get2Modern – Customer Sizzle Video
TouchWins Program Update
To enhance the Get2Modern program and assets, we have also revamped the TouchWins program in order to encourage the hardware refresh cycle to include touch-capable hardware for Windows 8 Pro deployment.
New! Fiscal year 2014 Commercial TouchWins Featured Device Incentives program for distributors and resellers
Commercial device channel incentives are now available for eligible distributors and resellers to help promote sales and the assortment of featured devices. For more information:
- If you are currently participating in the local OEM channel incentives program, go to the Worldwide OEM incentives page.
- If you are a US partner, visit the US partner rewards site.
- If you are not currently participating in the local OEM channel incentives program, check back for future updates about how to join the program, which will be posted when more information becomes available, or contact your local Microsoft representative.
Device-selling sales and marketing content
Access content that can help you sell devices:
- Distributor sales tools and marketing materials
- Reseller sales tools and marketing materials
- Retailer sales tools and marketing materials
Click any of the following OEM logos for device-specific content.
Get ready to market the Windows 8 operating system and new devices by taking advantage of the training courses—including the new Pitch Perfect: Windows 8 and the Consumerization of IT course—available to you as a Microsoft partner. You can also prepare your team with training and demos provided in the Partner Readiness Kit, and help your team members build their skills and knowledge with assets available through Windows 8 partner training, covering topics such as Windows 8 licensing and presentation guidance.