Some of you may remember that TS2 was a part of Microsoft Across America many moons ago. Recently, I’ve had the good fortune to reconnect with a few members of the TechNet team, which was also a part of Microsoft Across America.
It’s been great catching up on a personal level, but it’s also been great for me to learn about some learning opportunities that Partners and their technicians can take advantage of.
Here’s the synopsis:
Here’s your chance to learn about Windows Server 2012 – heralded by industry analysts as the most impressive Windows Server update since Windows Server 2000. Join us at a free Microsoft IT Lab for hands-on demos and interactive discussions with Microsoft technical experts. You’ll work closely with new features and functionalities of this release including Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V, Shared-Nothing Live Migration, Storage Pools and Windows Azure Virtual Machines.
Thanks to sweeping enhancements in Virtualization, Storage, Networking and Management, Windows Server 2012 is cloud-optimized as a highly dynamic, available and cost-effective server platform. Attending an IT Lab in your local area is the perfect way to elevate your skills and propel your career to new heights. Come watch the instructor has he works through one of the labs or bring your own machine and work through it yourself and get even more out of this Microsoft IT Lab. This is a Hands On environment where you can chose from a list of labs which include:
· Installing Windows Server 2012
· Enabling Hyper-V and Desktop Experience on your laptop
· Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V setup and configuration
· Windows Server 2012 Storage
· Overview of Windows Azure IaaS (Includes Hands-On Lab)
· Other options for Hands-On Labs may also be available
All are Step-By-Step, Hands on Labs; not all labs available in all locations. Different labs have different prerequisites. To participate in the hands-on lab sessions, you will need to bring your own computer (laptop preferred) with the following minimum configuration:
· 4 GB RAM (8 GB preferred)
· At least 60 GB of free disk space (75 preferred)
· NO Drive encryption technology (Bitlocker or 3rd party)
· x64 compatible processor with hardware assisted virtualization (Intel VT or AMD-V technology)
· Installed OS of Windows Server 2012 (preferred), Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 8
· One Network Patch cable
To find out if a lab is available in your area and to register, head on over to: