Q: (from Nikkia)
Good morning Stephen! It was great to meet you last night at the IAMCP DC chapter meeting! I remember you saying (hopefully, remembering correctly) that SharePoint development can be done on Azure. Is that true? I don’t seem to see it on the Azure information site. Thanks!
Yes – we offer two ways of integrating SharePoint with Azure.
One is to use SharePoint 2010 or SharePont Online with Azure:
- Azure development kit: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24398
- SharePoint and Azure training course: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/spazuretrainingcourse.aspx
- Connecting SharePoint to Azure: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/gg309179.aspx
- Extending SharePoint with Azure: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/enterprise/it-solutions/windows-azure-for-sharepoint.aspx
- And here’s one that references SharePoint 2013: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj163276(v=office.15).aspx
The other is leveraging the new SharePoint hosted through Azure virtual machines:
- Which is available through your Cloud Essentials benefits: https://www.microsoftcloudpartner.com/us/GetBenefits.aspx (go about 1/2 way down)