B V A
I recently received the following question from a partner that was listening to the How to Demo Office 365 webcast –
Question: Can you tell me if Microsoft has a cloud service for their partners to use for SharePoint training. I am working on my SharePoint 2010 MCTS, but I need a server to load the software on. Can you direct me to a link?
Answer: What is being described is a stateful VM, while we do have SharePoint Online it is already installed and ready to go. As far as our Windows Azure cloud services, we currently do not offer a “stateful” virtual machine.
But I did come up with hopefully a good alternative – TechNet Virtual Labs:
TechNet Virtual Lab:
- Backup and Restore in SharePoint Server 2010
- Business Continuity Management in SharePoint Server 2010
- Configuring User Profile Synchronization in SharePoint Server 2010
- Introduction to Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Upgrade
- New IT Pro Features in SharePoint Server 2010
- TechNet Virtual Lab: Windows PowerShell in SharePoint Server 2010
For Additional SharePoint TechNet labs – http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/virtuallabs/bb512933