I just got an email asking for some help on a few questions around Hyper-V. Since I had to look in a couple of places to get the complete answer, I thought I would share my results.
- Is there any support for Linux?
Yes we do provide support for the following Linux distributions:
Here is the URL that lists the SUSE and Red Hat (5.2, 5.3, 5.4, & 5.5) support:
· SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 with Service Pack 3 (x86 Edition or x64 Edition)
· SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86 Edition or x64 Edition)
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.2, 5.3 , 5.4 and 5.5 (x86 Edition or x64 Edition)
We also released drivers for Red Hat (6.0 & 6.1) and CentOS (6.0) here.
Take note that the drivers for Red Hat (6.0 & 6.0) and CentOS do not apply to the SUSE and Red Hat (5.2, 5.3, 5.4, & 5.5) installations, keep using your current drivers.
- What are the processor restrictions for Live Migration? Just AMD-AMD and Intel-Intel?
Just AMD to AMD or Intel to Intel.
I posted two blogs on this topic.
This first one shows the error message you receive when you try to Live Migrate from an Intel CPU to an AMD CPU.
This second post is a video that shows how to configure your VMs to Live Migrate between different processor versions within the same manufacturer.
until next time,