The new Deployment Masters workshop series, for IT pros, consultants, and administrators, will help you prepare for Windows 10 deployments. Over the course of eight 2-hour sessions, you will learn how to build real world deployment solutions utilizing the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and System Center Configuration Manager.
Your instructors for this series are Johan Arwidmark and Mikael Nystrom. Both are Microsoft MVPs, authors, and experts in the OS deployment sector. During your time with them, you’ll get firsthand experience with the latest deployment tools and learn best practices, plus have access to sample files and scripts.
The cost to participate in this online workshop series is $99. The retail value of this training if taken in a classroom is $1,500.
What you’ll learn in the Deployment Masters workshop
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 deployment solutions
- Understand the underlying layer, WDS, ADK , USMT, and WinPE
- Create and design reference images using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Create VB script and PowerShell wrappers for configuration items and applications
- Take deployment into production, standalone MDT Lite Touch deployments
- Take deployment into production, integrate MDT with ConfigMgr 2012 R2
- Configure the three main deployment scenarios: bare metal, refresh, and replace
- Configure offline media
- Master the driver injection features for OS deployment
- Understand and customize the rules with customsettings.ini
- Extend OS deployment with scripts, frontends, databases, and web services
- Enable dynamic deployments
Registration for the Deployment Masters online workshop series is on the Partner Learning Center. To register, you must be a member of the Microsoft Partner Network. To associate yourself to your company’s MPN profile, follow the steps here.
- Session 1 – Monday, April 27, 9:00AM–11:00AM Pacific Time
- Session 2 – Tuesday, May 12, 9:00AM–11:00AM Pacific Time
- Session 3 – Monday, May 18, 9:00AM–11:00AM Pacific Time
- Session 4 – Thursday, May 21, 9:00AM–11:00AM Pacific Time
- Session 5 – Tuesday, May 26, 9:00AM–11:00AM Pacific Time
- Session 6 – Monday, June 1, 9:00AM–11:00AM Pacific Time
- Session 7 – Thursday, June 4, 9:00AM–11:00AM Pacific Time
- Session 8 – Wednesday, June 17, 9:00AM–11:00AM Pacific Time
If you have questions about these workshops, email USPDR@microsoft.com.