Midwest Area Partner,
Today we launched Windows 7, Windows Server R2 and Exchange 2010! It’s a big day for Microsoft and our Partners! The upside for our Partners is incredible. Windows 7 gives users the ability to be productive anywhere, reduce risks through advanced security and control and streamline PC management. Windows Server R2 advancements are in the areas of virtualization, Windows Server as a web platform, management and is designed to work better together with Windows 7 via VDI, DirectAccess, BranchCashe and RDS. Exchange 2010 is designed to be flexible and reliable offering anywhere access, advanced protection and compliance and is optimized for on-premise and in the cloud coexistence while offering the end user a seamless experience.
I wanted to send along some resources in case you were not able to attend a live launch event in your local area. In addition to the below resources, Certified and Gold Partners have access to our software via the MPN program for internal use, testing/development and training. There is no better way to get both your technical and sales teams in the game than to run internally.
Partner Go Do’s = Know It, Use It, Show It
Partner Territory Manager
Midwest Area (IL, IN, WI)
Virtual New Efficiency Launch for Partners
Experience the excitement around the New Efficiency Launch program including Steve Ballmer keynote and demo of the Steve Ballmer keynote on 9/29:
Go to www.thenewefficiency.com and click ‘watch the keynote’
-Steve Ballmer enters at 39 minute mark
-Demo starts at 58 minute mark (for about 9 minutes)
Partner individuals can access training on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Exchange Server 2010 available online at: www.microsoftlearningplans.com.
Launch Training for US Partners
Take advantage of these handpicked courses to get ready for the upcoming launches.
· Windows 7 Deployment Training – This 1-day technical event dives into deployment planning and strategy for Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8.0.
· Windows 7 Loadfest – Get Windows 7 loaded on your PC and receive the materials needed to host your own Windows 7 launch event.
· New Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Application Compatibility series from MSdev.com:
· Microsoft Unified Communications Sales Training Featuring Exchange Server 2010 – Learn how Exchange 2010 enables rich and productive collaboration among its users and offers partner business opportunities.
· Exchange Server 2010 Ignite Training Workshop – This 3-day workshop covers architecture, setup, deployment, tools, migration, security, transport and unified messaging.
Ready-to-Go Marketing in Action
Generate customer leads from The New Efficiency Launch!
Ready-to-Go Marketing continues to expand the options for Microsoft partners to generate customer demand for Launch. There are 3 new “Sneak Peek” Ready-to-Go Marketing campaigns which have helped more than 500 partners’ preview Windows 7, Windows Server R2 & Microsoft Exchange 2010 with their customers before price list availability, and all of the great customer sales offers are built right in! Partners who register their Sneak Peek or Launch event through Ready-to-Go Marketing Events (aka MPE) are eligible to receive the NEW! Launch-in-a-Box kit – a physical box with evaluation forms, product brochures, customer giveaways and an event banner. Details & Terms and Conditions here. Your partners can add great Windows 7 Launch information to their websites via Ready-to-Go Marketing web syndication, a service that provides a dynamic link which allows partners to have the latest Microsoft information embedded directly in their website.
We also have 5 new Ready-to-Go Marketing Launch Campaigns for partners: Upgrade the Desktop; Reduce Your IT Costs (with Optimized Desktop & Optimized Datacenter choices for partners), Business Servers and Virtualization & Management. Partners can use any of the new Ready-to-Go Marketing Services with these campaigns and receive matching campaign funds (up to $500). The new Ready-to-Go Marketing Services include Telemarketing, Email List Purchase, Search Engine Optimization, and Marketing Consultation & Promotions. There is an additional special offer for SBSC partners – an extra $500 (non-matched by MS) towards any Ready-to-Go Marketing activity. If you or your partners have questions at any time about any Ready-to-Go Marketing offering, just ask the Ready-to-Go Marketing Help Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partner web syndication is available for Windows 7 and can be viewed at: www.microsoftsyndication.com
What’s available: Two variations of Windows 7 syndication are available:
· Windows 7 Professional – targeting breadth
· Windows 7 Enterprise – targeting enterprise
Syndication is added to a partner’s website by simply adding a single line of code!
- Each of the Windows 7 mini-site’s include three banners size options to post onto a partner’s website.
- When clicked by a visitor, the banner delivers a mini-site highlighting product features, screenshots and a customer testimonial video.
- The partner can even customize the microsite to include their contact info and an offer – all with just a few clicks!