Head over to http://local.live.com/ to check out the new 3D capability of this mapping service. Very nice! After you’ve installed the 3D application (a one-off download) try some of these keyboard shortcuts:
- Double-click a point on the map to move to that location.
- Press CTRL and drag the map left or right (or press either the left or right arrow keys) to PIVOT. Pivot rotates your view horizontally around a fixed point. When you pivot, you keep the same altitude and angle of view.
- Press CTRL and drag the map up or down (or press either the up or down arrow keys) to TILT. When you tilt, you change your altitude and angle of view. The angle of tilt is 90 degrees, 45 degrees, or 25 degrees when you select a view angle from the navigation control.
- Press SHIFT and drag the map left or right (or press either the left or right arrow keys) to TURN. When you turn the map view, it appears as if you’re moving your head side to side.
- Press SHIFT and drag the map forward or backward (or press either the up or down arrow keys) to PITCH. When you change your pitch, it appears as if you’re moving your head up and down. Changing the pitch doesn’t change your altitude.
- You can reset the map view by pressing the HOME key, or the A key if you are using a game controller.