If you routinely send similar emails to the same people (like a sales report every morning) you can speed up the process by adding a button to one of your toolbars that creates a new email message and pre-populates the address field and subject line. To do this:
- Click the Toolbar Options arrow at the end of one of Outlook's toolbars.
- Click on Add or Remove Buttons then Customize
- Click on the Commands tab and in the Categories list click Actions
- In the Commands list click New Mail Message and drag it onto the toolbar where you'd like it to appear.
- Right-click on the button you've just created and customize as you wish (e.g. change the name, change the view to Text Only or edit the Button Image)
- Right-click again on the button and choose Assign Hyperlink then Open
- Type a hyperlink along these lines mailto:TheBigBoss?subject=Daily Sales Report where TheBigBoss is the name or distribution group to whom you send the email and Daily Sales Report is the subject line of your email.
- Click Close on the Customize window
- Test your new button
You could add a keyboard shortcut to this button if you wish to make things even speedier! Another way of doing this would be to create a custom form but the simple hyperlink route is adequate for most users.