Update: This tool has a new shortlink: http://aka.ms/aadnetwork
Since the tool passed the 500 download mark a few weeks ago, I've started getting more questions (internal and external) about a few of the tests and checks. So, I decided to update/refine them to hopefully provide better guidance.
The big changes:
- Updated reporting method for TLS 1.2 configuration to provide specific guidance based on Windows version.
- Reporting a best-guess for .NET framework. I used the table at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed#net_d as the starting point for this feature.
- Updating the method for interrogating machine.config. We have some guidance on https://docs.microsoft.com/fi-fi/azure/active-directory/connect/active-directory-aadconnect-prerequisites#connectivity and https://docs.microsoft.com/fi-fi/azure/active-directory/connect/active-directory-aadconnect-prerequisites#enable-tls-12-for-azure-ad-connect as to what the machine.config should look like if you're not familiar with it. You'll typically only need to modify this if you're using a proxy server.
- Added test for a PowerShell transcription group policy. Having a PowerShell transcription Group Policy configured ("enabled") will cause the installation to fail, since the installer uses Start-Transcription to record activities.
- Updated endpoints for Office 365 GCC/Worldwide.
- Added test for PowerShell versions for Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2012.
If you weren't aware of it before, you can run just a single test as well:
You can go find the updated version at http://aka.ms/aadnetwork. Save someone some trouble today.