1. ELIGIBILITY. This promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to any person resident in the United Kingdom who is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. ENTRY. Visit www.microsoft.co.uk/mvahero and sign up before 30th September, 2014 to register to take part in the Microsoft Virtual Academy (“MVA”) Hero Campaign.
3. Once you have registered, you will need to complete the basic MVA courses identified within a “Badge” (a badge is a predefined set of MVA courses relating to a specific Microsoft technology or workload). An entrant that signs up for and takes part in this Promotion is a “Participant”. Once the basic courses within a Badge are complete, you will automatically be entitled to receive the Reward for that Badge. Each different Badge has a unique Reward as specified below. There are six Badges in total, meaning there is a maximum of six Rewards to collect per Participant during the Promotion Period.
Entries will be ineligible for the reward if they:
- are incomplete;
- exceed the maximum number of entries allowed per person;
- violate the rights of any other person or entity; or
- are received outside of the Promotion Period set out below.
Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted in respect of the Promotion and each Badge. No purchase necessary to enter the Promotion. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates these Terms and Conditions.
4. TIMING. This Promotion runs from 12.01:00 am GMT on 24th February 2014 until 11.59:59 p.m. GMT on 30th September 2014 (inclusive) (the “Promotion Period”).
5. USE OF YOUR ENTRY. Personal data which you provide when you enter may be used for future Microsoft marketing activity if you indicate your consent on the entry form (if applicable). Otherwise your personal data will be used by Microsoft and agents acting on Microsoft’s behalf only for the operation of this promotion.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS. All participants who complete the mandatory requirements and complete a Badge will receive the Reward in respect of that Badge. NB. The Rewards are limited to 350 Rewards available per badge for each of the six badges, with a value of £3.75 each. Rewards will be distributed on a first-in, first-served basis.
Rewards will be sent to postal address provided by a Participant at the registration stage of the campaign.
7. PRIZE(S). There will be six types of Rewards in total, and each relates to a Badge as defined above. The Rewards will be as follows:
- 350x Cloud Ninja stress ball collectables
- 350x Rackman stress ball collectables
- 350x Dr Desktop stress ball collectables
- 350x Hypervisor stress ball collectables
- 350x Solid Server stress ball collectables
- 350x Captain Code stress ball collectables
Rewards are as stated and are not transferable. No cash alternatives available. There is a set number of rewards per badge, and will be rewarded on a first-in, first served basis. All prizes will be sent by Microsoft or its agent no later than 28 days after the badge has been completed and the recipient is notified. Unless otherwise stated, all rewards are subject to their manufacturer's warranty and/or terms and conditions.
Rewards may be considered as a taxable benefit to the winners. Winners will be directly responsible for accounting for and paying to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority, any tax liability arising on their prize. Please contact email@example.com for any query related to the taxable amount for reporting to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority.
8. REWARDS LIST. Each winner consents to his/her surname being made publicly available upon request. Winners’ names will be available for a period of 28 days after the selection of winners by written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. OTHER. No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this promotion or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this promotion at any time but only before the delivery of prizes, without notice.
Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, costs, damage, disappointment or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or liability arising out of Microsoft’s fraud.
Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party.
10. SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION. If an entrant attempts to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this promotion by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from that entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we will disqualify that entrant’s entry to this promotion and may ban the entrant from participating in any of our future promotions, so please play fairly.
Promoter: Microsoft Limited (“Microsoft”), Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG, England