Geoff Evelyn is a Microsoft MVP and has an active interest in SharePoint security and the consumerization of IT. He recently attended an event and has put together an article that moves beyond that event.
The article talks about how personal devices as part of Consumerization have impacted SharePoint, some features available to mobile users, what implications are there in terms of security and finally a look at what Support needs to address.
The article is pretty long but includes a lot of detailed and interesting information covering the broad range of subject areas shown below:
- Striking a Balance
- How do we deal with the increased level of devices in an organisation?
- So what is Consumerization?
- Using personal devices to access not only SharePoint content but other services
- SharePoint fitting to the mobilized workforce
- Mobile View
- SharePoint Workspace 2010
- VPN Access and Direct Access
- SharePoint Online
- Some Security issues
- Lost Devices
- Lost IP
- Security Breaches
- Information Leaks
- Patching of Mobile Devices
- Getting Support Sorted
- Governance of the Mobile Device is the key
- Get the Users involved