If you are looking to have a book on hand whilst getting to grips with SQL Server 2012 then you’ll be interested in the free E-book currently being offered by MS Press and written by Ross Mistry (@RossMistry) and Stacia Misner (@StaciaMisner). You can download the PDF version of this title here (288 pages; 10.8 MB).
PART I DATABASE ADMINISTRATION
1. SQL Server 2012 Editions and Engine Enhancements
2. High-Availability and Disaster-Recovery Enhancements
3. Performance and Scalability
4. Security Enhancements
5. Programmability and Beyond-Relational Enhancements
PART II BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPMENT (by Stacia Misner)
6. Integration Services
7. Data Quality Services
8. Master Data Services
9. Analysis Services and PowerPivot
10. Reporting Services
We are releasing this title to help you learn about the new features and capabilities in SQL Server 2012, which Microsoft released to manufacturing (RTM) on March 6, 2012. You can expect general availability of the product to begin on April 1, 2012.
If you prefer a hard copy of the book, you can order it here for $14.99.