Calling all Windows 7 experts, we want YOU to present the closing slot at our upcoming ‘Windows 7 Deployment – Why and How? ’ online conference (more info about that to follow shortly). If your company is currently migrating to Windows 7 or has already successfully moved, we need you to help others rise to the challenge.
The Windows 7 Deployment online conference will take place on 25 October, providing IT pros with the opportunity to learn why Windows 7 is the desktop operating system of choice for your business. We’ll discuss the security, compatibility, productivity and deployment aspects from both a technical and business viewpoint before taking a technical deep-dive covering the most challenging aspects of Windows 7 deployment as suggested by TechNet readers.
This is where you come in. If you have experience of carrying out a company migration, be it on-going or complete, and are available to discuss your experiences at Microsoft Campus in Reading on 25 October, we want to hear from you!
To nominate yourself, email Alex Guy at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Windows 7 Conference Entry” in the subject line by 15 September, telling us in no more than 100 words why you’re the expert for the job.
As usual with this kind of thing there are a few terms and conditions, so have a read before you enter.
Terms and Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to any person resident in the UK who is 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: Send an e-mail to email@example.com explaining in no more than 100 words why you should be chosen to present at the ‘Windows 7 Deployment – Why and How?’ online conference.
Microsoft is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries. Only one entry per person will be accepted. No purchase necessary. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This competition runs from 09.00:00 am BST on 31 August 2011 until 11.59:59 p.m. on 15 September 2011(inclusive). Completed entries must reach Microsoft no later than the closing date.
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter this competition shall be used for the purposes of this competition only.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The winner will be determined by a panel of 3 judges on 16 September 2011 based on the following criteria:
– Level of experience in deploying Windows 7;
– Relevance to the audience attending the conference;
– Clear communication of why they are best suited.
The panel of judges will include at least one independent member. The winners will be notified by email by 16 September 2011. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, through no fault of Microsoft, within FIVE (5) working days after the first attempt, an alternative winner will be selected. The winner may be required to become involved in further publicity or advertising.
The winner must prepare content for presentation and to email this content to Alex Guy at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 09:00:00 on 26 September 2011. The winner’s opportunity to partake in the conference is subject to review of this content. If the content provided is determined to not meet the above criteria by a panel of 3 judges, including at least one independent member, then the winner forfeits their prize and Microsoft may choose another speaker at its discretion. Microsoft will in good faith offer the Winner assistance in revising their presentation prior to 26 September 2011.
6. PRIZE: The prize consists of a 30 minute presentation slot and 30 minute Questions and Answer session during the ‘Windows 7 Deployment – Why and How?’ online conference, to be held on the 25 October 2011.
Prizes are as stated and are not transferable. No cash alternatives available.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winner consents to their first name and surname being made publicly available. The winners surname will be available for a period of 30 days after the closing date by emailing Alex Guy at email@example.com.
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
Promoter: Microsoft Limited, Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG, England