Did you know there are less that 1,000 days left of extended support for Windows XP? In this post we take a look at some resources to help you make the move to Windows 7. Look out for this week’s TechNet newsletter for some additional Windows 7 deployment tools and advice. In the meantime, here are some useful links to get you started, including some practical tips from this year’s Tech.Days sessions and some hard facts from the Windows 7 Business Insights series.
- Windows 7 Springboard pages on TechNet
- Windows 7 deployment learning portal - register before 31 July to be in with a chance to win some great prizes
- Windows 7 Business Insights – this series of posts covers a good few topics, including ROI, application compatibility, migration from Windows XP and deployment
- Modern Desktop – Tech.Days session: An overview of Windows 7 deployment technologies, what's changed since XP
- Practical deployment – Tech.Days session: How BAA deployed Windows 7
- Boeing, InfoSys, Dell, Purdue University, Samsung, Royal Mail Group, BMW - case studies