Pop over to TechNet now to download the SQL Server Code Name “Denali” Community Technology Preview (CTP3).
Providing the foundation to the cloud-ready information platform, this new release helps you to unlock breakthrough insights across the organisation and quickly build solutions that extend data across on-premises and public cloud backed by capabilities for mission critical confidence. Here are the specifics:
- Deliver required uptime and data protection with AlwaysOn
- Gain breakthrough & predictable performance with Project Apollo
- Help enable security and compliance with new User-defined Roles and Default Schema for Groups
- Rapid data discovery with Project Crescent
- Deliver credible, consistent data with SSIS improvements, a Master Data Services add-in for Excel, and new Data Quality Services
- Optimise IT and developer productivity across server and cloud with Data-tier Application Component (DAC) parity with SQL Azure and SQL Server Developer Tools code name “Juneau” for a unified dev experience across database, BI, and cloud functions
Find more info over on the product page.