The Deployment Learning Portal is a great free resource helping you to test your knowledge about Windows 7. It’s written by the team who write the Microsoft certified exams so it’s great practice if you have any exams coming up.
We have an exciting competition running from today until 31 July. If you register for the Deployment Learning Portal you’ll be entered into a free prize draw to win one of three great prizes:
· Laptop - Intel® Core™ i3-370M processor, Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Memory: 3GB, Hard drive: 320GB
· Xbox 360 with 3 games (Fable II, Halo 3, Gears of War 2) and an Xbox Kinect
· Win Phone 7 - HTC 7 Mozart
As usual there are a few T+C’s, so have a read before you enter.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to any person resident in the UK who is 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: Register for the Deployment learning portal: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/ff470986.aspx?ITPID=rotator and your details will be entered into the free prize draw.
Microsoft is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries. Only one entry per person will be accepted. No purchase necessary. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Alternatively, you can enter the free prize draw by sending your name and address by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. TIMING: This competition runs from 09.00:00 am BST on 1 June 2011 until 11.59:59 p.m. on 31 July 2011(inclusive). Completed entries must reach Microsoft no later than the closing date.
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter this competition shall be used for the purposes of this competition only. If you agree to this use, please tick the box on the entry form.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS : There will be 3 winners, one for each prize. The winner will be determined by a random draw from amongst registrants conducted by Microsoft on 1 August 2011 and will be supervised by an independent adjudicator. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. The winners will be notified by email by 3 August 2011. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, through no fault of Microsoft, within TEN (10) days after the first attempt, an alternative winner will be selected at random. The winners may be required to participate in further publicity or advertising.
There will be 3 prizes available:
Laptop - Intel® Core™ i3-370M processor, Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Memory: 3GB, Hard drive: 320GB
Xbox 360 with 3 games (Fable II, Halo 3, Gears of War 2) and an Xbox Kinect
Win Phone 7 - HTC 7 Mozart
Prizes are as stated and are not transferable. No cash alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. All prizes will be sent within 30 days. Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and winners will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
7. The winner consents to their surname being made publicly available. The winners surname will be available for a period of 30 days after the closing date by emailing Georgina Lewis at email@example.com.
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
Promoter: Microsoft Limited, Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG, England