Valentine’s Day photo caption competition – fill our comments box with your hilarious efforts.
We just couldn’t let Valentine’s Day pass without spreading a little love on the UK TechNet blog. To show our affection we’ve got a bundle of TechNet goodies to give away in return for the winning caption for this ‘adorable’ photo. Post your caption in the comments box along with your email address or Twitter ID. We’ll announce the winner’s name here next week.
Need some help to get ‘in the mood’? Just have a look at what’s in store for our lucky winner (that’s Sam under the bag – you’re not having her). Among other delights you’ll find a heartwarming copy of Office Professional 2010, a gorgeous Windows 7 mug and some beautiful techy books. Put simply, it’s the best Valentine’s gift you’ll ever have.
Before you clear your diary to make way for some serious comedy genius, have a read through the terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions:
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to UK residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: To enter post your photo caption for the featured photo in the UK TechNet Blog comments box. The person submitting the funniest caption, as selected by three judges, will win a bumper pack of things we love here at TechNet – including our mugs, pen and pads. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Incomplete, damaged, defaced or illegible entries may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This competition runs from 8am GMT 14 February The closing date of this competition is 5.30pm GMT 18 February 2011. Completed entries must reach Microsoft no later than the closing date.
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter this competition will not be used for future Microsoft UK marketing activity.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Three judges will select their favourite single caption from all the entries and the winner will be notified by email on 21 February 2011 by 6pm GMT. The winners may be required to become involved in further publicity or advertising.
6. PRIZE: The prize is one TechNet bumper pack including a mug, pen and pad. Prize as stated and non-transferable. No cash or other alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize will be dispatched within two months of the competition’s closing date. Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winner consents to their surname being made publicly available. The winner’s surname will be available for a period of 3 weeks after the closing date by emailing email@example.com.
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.