Read this new case study to find out how the The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA) increased its overall productivity by 100% and saved 90% on licensing with Microsoft Virtualisation.
You can find the full report here and read a short summary below.
The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA), based in Liverpool in the United Kingdom, is among the country’s leading institutions for education in the performing arts. It employs 120 staff and faculty and has about 1,000 full-time students in degree-level courses.
The institute’s technology environment was growing rapidly, but its IT staff wasn’t. To support continued growth, LIPA wanted to ease IT management, reduce costs, and boost availability.
After experiencing the limits and costs of a virtual environment based on VMware, LIPA adopted Microsoft Virtualisation technology.
- Server provisioning time reduced by 75 percent
- Overall productivity up 100 percent
- Saves 90 percent on licensing cost compared to VMware
- High availability achieved; uptime near 100 percent
- Eliminated 23 tons of carbon dioxide emissions per year
- Dell PowerEdge R710
- NetApp SAN
Software and Services
- Microsoft System Center Essentials 2010
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Cost Containment
- Business Productivity
- Personal Productivity