It’s always great to hear about Microsoft technology in action, and this case study tells a great success story between Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Black Marble, and West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.
Read the piece in full here. Here’s a summary:
West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service is responsible for protecting from the risk of fire 2 million people across the north of England.
The fire brigade wanted to create a digital hub for the organisation to improve collaboration between teams and within departments, as well as with statutory partners.
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Black Marble conducted a health check of the existing Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 deployment, and, as a result, recommended standardising on Microsoft technologies.
- Central location for business information
- Development platform for new applications
- User-friendly tools require little extra training
- Deployment creates interest from other brigades
Software and Services
- Microsoft Sharepoint Server 2010
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Windows Web Server
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Business Productivity
- Data Protection and Recovery
- Enterprise Web and Search
- Identity, Security and Access Management
- Support and Services
- Data Warehousing
- Desktop, Device and Server Management
- Digital Content Management
- Document and Records Management
- Enterprise Content Management
- Enterprise Portals
- Personal Productivity
- Risk Analytics and Reporting