Ho, ho, ho! Merry Techmas!
Have you been good boys and girls this year? Providing you’ve been on your very best behaviour, Father Techmas wants to hear from you. We’d like to see your Techmas technology wish list, and the three funniest efforts will win a copy of Office Professional Plus 2010. Be warned, though – Father T is a tough chap to impress – in fact he told me he thinks developers are much funnier than IT professionals. But what does he know? Prove him wrong in 200 words or less by 16th December, and we’ll let you know the next day if you tickled his fancy enough to win. Don’t forget to check out the terms and conditions below (yawn).
Letters to Father Techmas Competition Terms and Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to UK residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: To enter post your letter to Father Techmas in the blog’s comments box . The person submitting the funniest letter, as selected by three judges, will win a copy Office 2010 Professional Plus. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Incomplete, damaged, defaced or illegible entries may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This competition runs from 9 December The closing date of this competition is 5pm GMT 16 December 2010. Completed entries must reach Microsoft no later than the closing date.
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter this competition will not be used for future Microsoft UK marketing activity.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Three judges will select their favourite letter from all the entries and the winner will be notified by email on 17 December 2010 by 6pm GMT. The winners may be required to become involved in further publicity or advertising.
6. PRIZE: The prize is one copy of Microsoft Office Professional Plus with an estimated retail price of £330.00. Prize as stated and non-transferable. No cash or other alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize will be dispatched within one week of the competition’s closing date. Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winner consents to their surname being made publicly available. The winner’s surname will be available for a period of 3 weeks after the closing date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.