Never let it be said that the UK TechNet team would let an occasion go unmarked, and this year’s Halloween is no exception. We’ve come up with a frighteningly fabulous competition idea, and you can get the kids involved in this one, too.
We’ve got five copies of the Microsoft Windows 7 Administrator’s Pocket Consultant to give away in return for some photographic evidence of your amazing pumpkin carving talents. We’d like you to send us a snap of your techy pumpkin designs – the more elaborate, the better. Throw out the challenge to your kids, wives, husbands or even any particularly creative pets, then send a photo to me with your name and address. We’ll pick our favourite five and publish them on the blog in time for the next TechNet Flash.
This is fun, so naturally we must balance it out with something quite boring – here’s that thing. Terms and conditions below.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to any TechNet Flash subscribers who reside in the UK and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: To enter send your entry via email to email@example.com. Entries will not be returned. A completed entry is to send a photo of your techy pumpkin carving as featured in the TechNet newsletter on 14 October 2010. The best five entries will win the prize. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Incomplete, damaged, defaced or illegible entries may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This competition runs from 8am GMT 14 October The closing date of this competition is 5pm GMT 1 November 2010. Completed entries must reach Microsoft no later than the closing date.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: The five winners will be picked by three judges and notified by email on 26 October 2010 at Microsoft campus. The winners may be required to become involved in further publicity or advertising and consent to their pumpkin photo being published on the TechNet blog.
6. PRIZE: The prize is one copy of the Microsoft Windows 7 Administrator’s Pocket Consultant with an estimated retail price of £17.00. Prize as stated and non- transferable. No cash or other alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize will be sent no later than 27 October 2010. Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winner consents to their surname being made publicly available. The winner’s surname will be available for a period of 3 weeks after the closing date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
Promoter: Microsoft Limited, Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG, England