Two new chapters have been posted to the Kit. One on Direct SIP and the other on Exchange Unified Messaging integration. Direct Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) provides SIP trunking between an IP-PBX and Lync Server.
Direct SIP supports the following use cases:
- Use Simultaneous Ring feature on IP-PBX or Lync Server to ring both IP-PBX handset and Lync 2010
- Call from IP-PBX handset to Lync 2010
- Call from Lync 2010 to IP-PBX handset
- Call from IP-PBX handset to dial-in conferencing on Lync Server
- Call from IP-PBX handset to Lync Server Response Group
- PSTN access for Lync Server through IP-PBX
Download the chapters here.