You couldn’t until today. Now you can grab the Lync Server 2010 Web Scheduler.
Here is what the Lync Web Scheduler can do:
- Scheduling a new online Lync meeting.
- Listing all existing Lync Server 2010 meetings that the user has organized.
- Viewing and modifying details of an existing meeting.
- Deleting an existing meeting.
- Sending an email invitation to meeting participants by using a configured SMTP mail server.
- Joining an existing conference.
Here are the Lync web scheduler deltas vs. the Conferencing Add-In for Microsoft Outlook:
- Lync Web Scheduler does not support scheduling recurring meetings.
- Lync Web Scheduler lists only meetings that were organized by the user. It does not list all meetings that the user is invited to. Further, meetings created using some other tool will not be editable using Lync Web Scheduler.
- Lync Web Scheduler is available only in English.
- Meeting invitations that are generated by Lync Web Scheduler do not look exactly the same as those that are generated by the Conferencing Add-In for Outlook.
- Lync Web Scheduler doesn’t interact with the calendaring server. Calendar updates happen only via email invitations.
Grab it here.