I have been working with U of A on this for a bit of time and it was nice to see they decided to move with our cloud offering over Google Apps. They did a lot of deep analysis and determined our cloud platform was the better choice. The press has been announcing this today and yesterday. here and here.
Here are just a few of the benefits U of A received with our BPOS offering:
- Consolidated and centralized email platform
- Integrated calendar – they had two systems before one for email and one for calendar
- 25GB mailbox quotas (the press release says 10GB but it is now 25GB quota)
- Full Outlook client, Full Entourage Web Services client, BES, mobile sync, and webmail (OWA)
- Instant messaging and presence
- Better privacy, security and compliance features for things like FERPA, ITAR, and HIPAA requirements
- Full offline sync
- AD sync
- Flexibility with on prem services like SharePoint, etc.
- Delegated calendaring
You can also track U of A’s BPOS project status here.
As we update our cloud BPOS offering, we will continue to enhance features and capabilities like federation, etc. I will blog about those features in upcoming blog posts.