I’m in favour of open comments on my blog. Usually, I receive “real” comments outweighing the spam by about 10 to 1, which I can deal with.
I’m leaving automatic moderation disabled for the time being, but I’ll “moderate” comments that…
- Don’t relate to the subject matter of the post
- Are obviously comment/link spam
- Don’t pass the “my mother would be offended” test
- Look like “mail merge” type comments
- I feel like deleting at the time. Yes, this is my unequivocal “I’m deleting posts randomly” clause.
…whenever I see them.
And I reserve the made-up right to change this policy at any time, with no notice, and Moderate yo’ donkey.