I did actually start writing a couple more infrastructure posts, but often in the course of researching them, I’d find documentation already existed. My thinking is that it might be useful just to draw attention to them, so next time, I’ll stick to the “why I should have known this already” format that my reader knows and loves*.
As I mentioned in my About Me post, I’m a gamer, and this makes this week a terrible, terrible week to be at work. Imagine a horrible near-perfect gaming storm, and you’ll understand my problem:
- I foolishly left it too late to start playing X2: The Threat, and got heavily invested, only for
- Unreal Tournament 2004 to arrive, but I haven’t ploughed a lot of time into it because
- Battlefield Vietnam was released at the same time, and I’ve been playing more of it but
- Enemy Territory is still played extensively after hours, while
- Far Cry got released yesterday, and as the prettiest of them all, I feel obliged to play it.
So, when I’m not toying with some code, or working out how an infrastructure piece works, that’s pretty much what I’m doing.