The SharePoint writing team has been busy completing the permissions content for SharePoint 2013 by publishing the following:
- Configure custom permissions in SharePoint 2013 Describes how to manage custom permissions using permission levels.
- Best practices for using fine-grained permissions in SharePoint Server 2013, Fine-grained permission reference for SharePoint Server 2013,Troubleshoot common fine-grained permissions issues for SharePoint Server 2013 Describe the use, best practices, and common troubleshooting situations for fine-grained permissions, which enable a more precise level of resource access in a SharePoint 2013 environment.
- Video: Understanding permissions in SharePoint Visually describes SharePoint permissions behavior and steps you through guidelines for securing your sites and data.
- Test Lab Guide: Demonstrate permissions with SharePoint Server 2013 Describes how to configure SharePoint permissions for three scenarios in the intranet and team sites test lab. Watch the SharePoint 2013 Permissions Test Lab Guide overview video.
- Permissions for SharePoint 2013 learning roadmap Steps you through prerequisite, introductory, intermediate, and advanced learning goals and resources to build your expertise in SharePoint 2013 permissions.
We hope that with these new resources, it will be much easier to understand and manage permissions in SharePoint 2013. Please let us know if we missed something by leaving a comment on this blog post.
Enjoy (but only if permitted)!