The Test Lab Guide (TLG), Demonstrate Social Features for SharePoint Server 2013 Preview, describes how to configure and demonstrate social features in SharePoint Server 2013 Preview starting with the computers in the Base Configuration and 3-Tier test labs.
This TLG takes you through the following social features of SharePoint Server 2013 Preview:
- My Sites
- Community Sites
- Team Sites (including site feeds)
There are step-by-step instructions for the following:
- Configuring the Base Configuration test lab (if you have not already done so).
- Configuring the 3-Tier test lab (if you have not already done so).
- Create a My Site site collection and configure settings.
- Configure Following settings.
- Set up and configure Community Sites.
- Configure Team Sites.
- Demonstrate social features in SharePoint 2013 Preview.
The resulting test lab is a place for you to begin learning more about social features in SharePoint Server 2013 Preview and how they can help your business.
Here is the set of TLGs in the Social Features Test Lab Guide stack:
If you have a suggestion about a SharePoint Server 2013TLG that we should be considering, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get started with SharePoint Server 2013, see the following:
- Hardware and software requirements for SharePoint Server 2013 Preview: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485(office.15).aspx
- What's New in social computing in SharePoint Server 2013 Preview: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219766(office.15).aspx
- SharePoint Server 2013 Technical Library on TechNet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc303422(v=office.15).aspx
Technical Writer II
SharePoint Solutions Writing Team