Hello, this is Norm, IT Pro writer for business intelligence in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products. Kerberos is often used in business intelligence solutions to establish secure access to external data sources such as Microsoft SQL Server. Last week, a new white paper was published that gives instructions to configure Kerberos authentication in a multi-server environment for several SharePoint Server and SQL Server business intelligence scenarios.
This document helps you understand the concepts of identity in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products, describes how Kerberos authentication plays a very important role in authentication and delegation scenarios, and describes the situations where Kerberos authentication should be used or may be required in solution designs.
The document also shows how to configure Kerberos authentication end-to-end within your environment, including scenarios that use various service applications in Microsoft SharePoint Server. Additional tools and resources are described to help you test and validate Kerberos configuration. The "Step-by-Step Configuration" sections of this document cover the following scenarios for SharePoint Server 2010.
· Scenario 1: Core Configuration
· Scenario 2: Kerberos Authentication for SQL OLTP
· Scenario 3: Identity Delegation for SQL Analysis Services
· Scenario 4: Identity Delegation for SQL Reporting Services
· Scenario 5: Identity Delegation for Excel Services
· Scenario 6: Identity Delegation for Power Pivot for SharePoint
· Scenario 7: Identity Delegation for Visio Services
· Scenario 8: Identity Delegation for Performance Point Services
· Scenario 9: Identity Delegation for Business Connectivity Services
To download the white paper, click here OR paste http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=196600 into your browser address bar.