We’ve just finished creating a new downloadable book for SQL Server database administrators who support SharePoint environments. If you work with one of those lucky folks, you may want to point them to:
We’ve also updated a number of our other articles to refer to features in SQL Server 2008 that you can take advantage of in a SharePoint environment.
- Planning and Monitoring SQL Server Storage for Office SharePoint Server: Performance Recommendations and Best Practices (white paper)
- Physical topology recommendations
- Physical storage recommendations
- Deploy using DBA-created databases
- Database types and descriptions
- Choose what to protect
- Choose backup and recovery tools
- Monitor and troubleshoot storage performance
- Database maintenance for Office SharePoint Server 2007 (white paper)
As always, let us know if you have any comments or questions!
Margo Crandall, Prinicipal technical writer (Database, Backup/Recovery, Disaster recovery, and Availability)