Now that the next version of Hyper-V is available as an RC download, you will need the remote management tools, called RSAT. Download Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) here.
Remote Server Administration Tools (RAAT) for Windows 7 RC enables IT administrators to manage roles and features that are installed on remote computers that are running Windows Server 2008 R2 (and, for some roles and features, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2003) from a remote computer that is running Windows 7 RC. It includes support for remote management of computers that are running either the Server Core or full installation options of Windows Server 2008 R2, and for some roles and features, Windows Server 2008. Some roles and features on Windows Server 2003 can be managed remotely by using Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 RC, although the Server Core installation option is not available with the Windows Server 2003 operating system.
This feature is comparable in functionality to the Windows Server 2008 Administrative Tools Pack and Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 RC is also available in the following languages:
To manage a computer remotely by using Server Manager, you connect Server Manager to a remote computer in the same manner you would connect Microsoft Management consoles (MMCs) for other technologies. You must be a member of the Administrators group on any remote computers that you want to manage by using Server Manager.
To run Server Manager on Windows 7 RC, and target it at a server that is running Windows Server 2008 R2, follow these steps.
On the remote computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2:
1. On the remote computer that you want to manage, open Server Manager. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
2. In the Server Summary area, click Configure Server Manager Remote Management.
3. Select Allow remote management of this server from other computers by using Server Manager and Windows PowerShell. Click OK.
On the computer that is running Windows 7 RC:
1. Install Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 RC by using procedures on this Web page.
2. On the computer that is running Windows 7 RC, open a Command Prompt session with elevated user rights by clicking Start, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, right-clicking Command Prompt, and then clicking Run as administrator.
3. Start the Windows Remote Management (WinRM) service.Type the following, and then press Enter.
net start winrm
For more information about how to run Server Manager targeted at remote computers, see Remote Management with Server Manager (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=137378) in the Server Manager Help.