There is a new TechCenter on TechNet for virtualization, check it out. You can find resources on:
- Application Virtualization: (formally SoftGrid) is the only virtualization solution that delivers applications that are never installed and dynamically delivered, on demand. Whether deployed on desktops , laptops or, terminal servers , Application Virtualization from Microsoft changes application management from a series of manual tasks into an automated, streamlined process that accelerates the pace and reduces the cost of business.
- Server Virtualization: Hyper-V provides a reliable virtualization platform and integrated management that enable customers to virtualize their infrastructure and reduce costs. It provides great value as it is available as a feature of Windows Server 2008 and it easily plugs into customers’ IT infrastructure as they can leverage their existing management tools and IT Pro skill-set with broad support from Microsoft and its partners.
- Presentation Virtualization: isolates processing from the graphics and I/O, making it possible to run an application in one location but have it be controlled in another.
- Desktop Virtualization: Virtual PC lets you create separate virtual machines on your Windows desktop, each of which virtualizes the hardware of a complete physical computer. Virtual PC works for any scenario in which you need to support multiple operating systems, whether you use it for tech support, legacy application support, training, or just for consolidating physical computers.
- Virtualization Management: System Center Virtual Machine Manager provides centralized administration of virtual machine infrastructure and enables increased physical server utilization and rapid provisioning of new virtual machines by the administrator and authorized end users.