Free (with Windows Live ID sign in and Beta program participation**).
To facilitate rapid deployment for demonstration and evaluation, you can now download a free evauation version of System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2007 (VMM) pre-installed and pre-configured in a Virtual Hard Disk (VHD). You can use the VHD to create a virtual machine (VM) running VMM.
Like the idea of Betas released as VHD? Let us know by leaving comments on this blog.
Please note that the “case sensitive” admin password for the VHD is: Evaluation1
This VHD contains;
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 SP1 Trial Software (30-day version)
· Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP1
· Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
· Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
· Windows Remote Management (WinRM)
· Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0
· Windows Server Internet Information Services (IIS)
· Windows PowerShell 1.0
· System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2007 Server Beta2
· System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2007 Administrator Console Beta2
· System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2007 Self Service Portal Beta2
Q. How long is the evaluation period for the VHD?
A. Open evaluations for customers will enable a 30-day evaluation time period. MSDN and TechNet subscribers are governed by their agreements and may use their subscription product keys to test and evaluate the products in the VHD for up to 365 days, but this depends on when the original VHD was created.
**sign-up for the beta program first
To sign-up for System Center Virtual Machine Manager Beta and download Beta 2:
- Sign In using your Windows Live ID or Passport account
- On the left-hand side click Available Connections
- Pass the “Connections” section and scroll all the way down to the second section named “Programs”
- Find System Center Virtual Machine Manager and click on “Apply”.