There have been a few reports of issues with the new project integration feature we implemented in CU7. Here are some things to try if you are running into issues:
- Verify add-in install: Open Microsoft Project, and make sure that the "Dynamics AX" tab is present in the Ribbon UI. The add-in will be installed if you had the other Office add-ins installed at the time that you applied the CU7 update. If the add-in was installed, it may have been disabled. If this is the case you can re-enable it by:
- Go to file->Options in Microsoft Project 2010 or 2013
- Go to the "addins" tab
- Click on "Go" next to "Manage COM Addins"
- Enable the "Microsoft Dynamics AX add-in for Microsoft Project
- Verify the path: All MS Project files for "linked projects" are stored in a location specified in "Project Management and Accounting Parameters". This can either be in SharePoint or in a share referenced by a UNC file path. The UNC file path needs to be accessible from the AOS as well as from the client machine where the file is being opened. To verify that the path will work:
- Open Project Management and Accounting-> Setup -> Project management and accounting parameters.
- Ensure that "Save Microsoft Project files to" is set to "Archive Directory"
- Ensure that the value specified in "Folder for Microsoft Project files" is accessbile and writable from the client machine you are sing to open the project.
We'll continue to collect any issues we hear about and post them here as we update the more general documentation and address any issues you may be finding with the integration.
Good luck, and let us know on the forums if you are successful in using this new feature.