There’s so many cool features to explore in the latest Windows infrastructure offerings that it’s hard to find time to explore all of them. Beginning February 8th, you can block time on a weekly basis between 10AM and 3PM Eastern Time to join a Virtual Study Hall and work through real-world hands-on activities with assistance from a field-experienced IT Pro Technical Evangelist!
What is a Virtual Study Hall?
- Live Assistance! During the Virtual Study Hall, an IT Pro Technical Evangelist will be online to help you with questions that you may have on the lab topic areas.
- Collaborate! Much like High School Study Hall, you’ll be able to swap notes and collaborate with other IT Pros in the Virtual Study Hall to share tips … this time without risk of getting sent to the Principal’s office!
Work At Your Own Pace!
Virtual Study Halls provide you with the ability to block-out time on a weekly basis so that you can focus on progressing in your learning goals and prepare for the latest Microsoft certifications, such as MCSA: Windows Server 2012 and MCSE: Private Cloud … All at your own pace!
What Can I Expect?
In a Virtual Study Hall, you’ll be able to work through real-life hands-on activities. The list of hands-on lab topics is always growing, but includes scenarios such as:
- Windows 8
- Build a Windows 8 Application Development Environment in the Cloud
- Side-loading Windows 8 Apps
- Controlling Access in Windows 8 via AppLocker
- Windows Server 2012
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Implementing Server Core and Minimal Server Interface
- Working with SAN-like Storage Spaces
- Configuring NIC Teaming
- Simplified Installation of Active Directory Domain Services
- Create and Manage Active Directory Group Policy
- Manage Server Roles and Features with Server Manager
- Manage Windows Server 2012 with PowerShell 3.0
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing
- Deploy and Configure DHCP and DNS
- Configure Hyper-V Virtual Machines, Storage and Networks
- Windows Azure
- Build Virtual Machines and Virtual Networks in the Cloud with Windows Azure
- Build Linux VMs in the Cloud with Windows Azure
- Connecting PaaS and IaaS Application Workloads in the Cloud
- System Center 2012
- Installing System Center 2012 SP1 Configuration Manager
- Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager
- SharePoint 2013
- Build a SharePoint 2013 Lab in the Cloud
- SQL Server 2012
- Build a SQL 2012 VM in the Cloud
How Do I Join a Virtual Study Hall?
Here’s the steps for joining us at the next “Early Experts” Virtual Study Hall:
- BLOCK IT: Download and Save this appointment to your calendar to block out your study hall time as a reminder.
- CONNECT: Join the “Early Experts” Virtual Study Hall on Fridays, between 10AM and 3PM Eastern Time, beginning Feb 8th 2013.
- SHARE IT: Spread the news about this FREE Virtual Study Hall with your colleagues and social networks by using the sharing buttons below!
See you there!