Hey TLG and Lync fans,
You can now download the new Test Lab Guide: Demonstrate Lync Server 2013. If you are new to Lync 2013 and want to get some hands-on experience prior to planning and deployment, this is a great way to create a working install of Lync Server 2013 with two client computers to test point-to-point communication features.
Here is the stack for this TLG (click on it for a larger version):
And here is the lab configuration, consisting of 5 computers:
You build out and then demonstrate the instant messaging and out-of-the-box conferencing capability of Lync Server 2013 in the following steps:
- Set up the Windows Server 2012 Base Configuration test lab.
- Install and configure a new client computer named CLIENT2.
- Install Microsoft Office 2013 on CLIENT1 and CLIENT2.
- Install and configure a new server named LYNC1.
- Install Lync Server 2013 Standard Edition on LYNC1.
- Demonstrate Lync functionality between CLIENT1 and CLIENT2.
For additional instructions to build this test lab on a Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V server, see Hosting the Lync 2013 Test Lab with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V. Here is the resulting configuration (click on it for a larger version):
For more information about TLGs, see Test Lab Guides.