Hey TLG and Office Server 2013 fans,
My esteemed colleague Chris Fox just published Configure eDiscovery for an Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, and Windows File Shares Test Lab, a new Test Lab Guide (TLG) for Exchange Server 2013, Lync Server 2013, SharePoint Server 2013, and Windows Server 2012.
This TLG builds upon the Configure an Integrated Exchange, Lync, and SharePoint Test Lab to create an eDiscovery solution, which uses the SharePoint Server 2013 Search Service to crawl SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, and Windows file shares for items that may be relevant to an ongoing litigation.
Here is the stack (click it to see a larger version):
This test lab contains the following computers:
- An AD DS domain controller (DC1)
- A server that runs SQL Server 2012 (SQL1)
- A server that runs Exchange Server 2013 (EX1)
- A server that runs Lync Server 2013, Standard Edition (LYNC1)
- A server that runs SharePoint Server 2013 (SP1)
- Two client computers (CLIENT1 and CLIENT2)
Here is the lab diagram:
This TLG takes you through the following steps:
- Build out the Integrated Exchange, Lync, and SharePoint Test Lab.
- Configure LYNC1 to use EX1 archiving.
- Install the Exchange Web Services API on SP1.
- Configure EX1 for eDiscovery.
- Create content in SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, and file shares for eDiscovery.
- Create and configure the Search Service application on SP1.
- Create and configure an eDiscovery Center on SP1.
- Create and configure an eDiscovery Test Case on SP1.
For a poster that shows the eDiscovery process, see eDiscovery Flow Across SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, and File Shares.
For more information about eDiscovery, see eDiscovery in SharePoint 2013, Exchange 2013.
For more information about integrated features of Exchange Server 2013, Lync Server 2013, and SharePoint Server 2013, see Cross-product solutions with Exchange, Lync, and SharePoint Server.
For more information about TLGs, see Test Lab Guides.
eDiscover and enjoy!