Great news TLG fans,
Mikhail Komarov, my colleague and virtual machine MVP, has just published Test Lab Guide: Windows Server 2012 Base Configuration for Private Cloud in the TechNet Gallery. This new variant of the Windows Server 2012 Base Configuration TLG shows you how to create the Corpnet subnet as a set of virtual machines running on two physical Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V computers named HV1 and HV2 in a small, private cloud configuration. Here is the result (click on it to see a larger version):
In this new base configuration TLG, you do the following:
- Set up and configure the physical computers HV1 and HV2
- Set up and configure DC1 as a virtual machine running in Hyper-V on HV1
- Set up and configure APP1 as a virtual machine running in Hyper-V on HV2
- Set up and configure CLIENT1 as a virtual machine running in Hyper-V on HV1
- Join HV1 and HV2 to the corp.contoso.com domain
With this new base configuration, you can begin experimenting with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V features such as replica and migration and with System Center Virtual Machine Manager. You can also use this as basis for building out other TLG stacks, with new computers added as VMs to either HV1 or HV2.
This is also the first TLG published in the TechNet Gallery. If you want to publish TLG content in a whitepaper format (rather than as a TechNet Wiki article), consider using the TechNet Gallery. All you need is a Microsoft account (Live ID, Hotmail, etc.).
A HUGE thanks to Mikhail for his hard work, dedication, and patience as we worked on refining this new environment for TLGs!
Take your Corpnet subnet private, but by all means enjoy!