Hey TLG fans,
I am both surprised and pleased to announce that there are now over 100 Test Lab Guides (TLGs) published with more on the way! Take a look at the numbers:
- 98 modular TLGs (with 7 from the community and 1 from a partner)
- 7 TLG mini-modules
- 6 test lab extensions
- 4 troubleshooting TLGs
- 1 test lab troubleshooting scenario
See Test Lab Guides in the TechNet Wiki for listing and an explanation of these different types of content.
This content initiative was started only two years ago by myself and co-conspirator Tom Shinder to show you how to set up and experiment with DirectAccess in Windows Server 2008 R2 and Unified Access Gateway 2010. It has since grown to encompass the following Microsoft products and technologies:
- Windows 8 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
- Virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG)
- Forefront Identity Manager (FIM)
- Forefront Endpoint Protection (FEP)
- Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG)
- System Center
- SharePoint Server 2010 and 2013 Preview
- SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012
- Exchange Server 2010
Here are some of the additional milestones and innovations from the past year:
- A full suite of TLGs for the Beta release of Windows Server 2012 (authored and published by our content partners on the Global Technical Readiness team in Customer Service and Support)
- TLG mini-modules
- Building a base configuration test lab for public cloud technologies
- The first partner-authored and published TLG
Without giving away the details, I can tell you that more TLGs and innovations are on the way.
Thanks to anyone who has contributed to the set of TLG content and thanks to you for making this content so popular!
Is there something you would like to see in a TLG? Please let us know by leaving a comment on this post or send email directly to email@example.com.
For more information about TLGs, see the following resources:
- Test Lab Guide portal in the TechNet Wiki (http://microsoft.com/testlabguides)
- Test Lab Guide blog
- Test Lab Guide FAQ