My esteemed colleagues Thomas Willingham and Brian Lich on the Windows Server writing team have published a set of eight Test Lab Guides (TLGs) to build out and demonstrate the key functionality of Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2012. Here they are:
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Quick Start
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Standard Deployment
- Managed Pooled Virtual Desktop Collections
- Unmanaged Pooled Virtual Desktop Collections
- Remote Desktop Services Session Virtualization Quick Start
- Remote Desktop Services Session Virtualization Standard Deployment
- Remote Desktop Services Publishing
- Remote Desktop Services Licensing
And here is the corresponding TLG stack (click on it to see a larger version):
A cool innovation that they pioneered is the "Quick Start" TLG, which allows you to very quickly set up and demonstrate a key capability. They published two Quick Start TLGs for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Session Virtualization. In addition to these Quick Starts, they also published more complete standard deployment TLGs for these capabilities, which act as a foundation for other modular TLGs. Way to go, Thomas and Brian!
For more information, see Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2012 Test Lab.
What can I say, except enjoy!