The Test Lab Guide: Configure SharePoint Server 2010 as a Single Server with Microsoft SQL Server describes how to install and configure SharePoint Server 2010 on a single server with Microsoft SLQ Server 2008 R2 using the computers in the Base Configuration test lab.
Here is the resulting test lab configuration.
If you are relatively new to SharePoint, this TLG is for you. It takes you through a default installation of SharePoint Server 2010 on a single server that also has SQL Server 2008 R2 installed. There are step-by-step instructions for the following:
- Configuring the Base Configuration test lab (if you have not already done so).
- Installing SQL Server 2008 R2 on the APP1 server.
- Installing SharePoint Server 2010 prerequisites on APP1.
- Installing SharePoint Server 2010 on APP1.
- Demonstrating the facilities of the default team site on APP1.
The resulting test lab is a place for you to begin learning more about SharePoint Server 2010 and how it can help your business.
Here is the set of TLGs in the single-server SharePoint TLG stack.
If you have a suggestion about a SharePoint Server 2010 TLG that we should be considering, let us know at email@example.com.
To get started with SharePoint Server 2010, see the following:
- SharePoint Server 2010 TechCenter (http://technet.microsoft.com/sharepoint/ee263917)
- SharePoint Server 2010 Technical Library on TechNet (http://technet.microsoft.com/library/cc303422)
- SharePoint Developer Center (http://msdn.microsoft.com/sharepoint/aa905688)
- Getting Started with SharePoint Server 2010 (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/?CTT=97)