Late November, we were excited to share the first release candidate (RC) of Azure DevOps Server 2019.
Azure DevOps Server, previously known as Team Foundation Server (TFS), Azure DevOps Server is a set of collaborative software development tools, hosted on-premises. Azure DevOps Server integrates with your existing IDE or editor, enabling your cross-functional team to work effectively on projects of all sizes.
Azure DevOps Server 2019 delivers the codebase of Microsoft Azure DevOps while being optimized for customers who prefer to self-host.
You can download Azure DevOps Server 2019 RC1 today.
- Added support for Azure SQL: Customers have the option to self-host Azure DevOps in the cloud and take advantage of all the fantastic Azure SQL capabilities and performance.
- Release management improvements: Allows you to easily understand which bits are deployed to which environments and why. You can mix and match agents self-hosted on-premises and in any cloud on Windows, Mac, or Linux, and easily deploy to IaaS or PaaS in Azure as well as on-premises infrastructure.
- Upgrading: A direct upgrade to Azure DevOps Server is supported from any version of TFS, which includes Team Foundation Server 2012 and newer. If your TFS deployment is on TFS 2010 or earlier, you will need to perform some interim steps before upgrading to Azure DevOps Server 2019. Please see the install page for more information.
- Licensing: Includes a go-live license making it suitable for production use today
- Introducing Azure DevOps Server 2019 RC1 - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-azure-devops-server-2019-rc1/
- Download Azure DevOps Server 2019 RC1 - https://azure.microsoft.com/services/devops/server
- Learn more and download Azure DevOps Server 2019 RC1 - https://azure.microsoft.com/services/devops/server
- Azure DevOps Server 2019 RC1 Release Notes - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/tfs/release-notes/azuredevops2019
- Azure DevOps Server 2019 RC1 Requirements and Compatibility - https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=809018&clcid=0x409
- Azure DevOps Server 2019 RC1 Installation Documentation - https://docs.microsoft.com/tfs/server/install/get-started?view=vsts