Secure score is a security analytics tool that provides visibility of your organization’s security posture and helps to answer the most important question, “how secure is my workload?” Secure score takes into consideration the severity and the impact of the recommendation. Based on that information, it assigns a numerical value to show how fixing this recommendation can improve your security posture.
The main goals of Secure score are to provide these capabilities to your organization :
- Visualization of the security posture
- Fast triage and suggestions to provide meaningful action to increase your security posture
- Measurement of the workload security over time
Azure Security Center constantly reviews your active recommendations and calculates your secure score based on them. The score of a recommendation is derived from its severity and security best practices that will affect your workload security the most.
The Secure score is calculated based on the ratio between your healthy resources and your total resources. If the number of healthy resources is equal to the total number of resources, you get the highest Secure Score value possible for a recommendation, which can go up to 50. To try to get your Secure score closer to the maximum score, you can fix the unhealthy resources by following the remediation steps in the recommendation.
The overall Secure score is an accumulation of all your recommendations. You can view your overall Secure score across your subscriptions or management groups, depending on the scope you select. The score will vary based on subscription selected and the active recommendations on these subscriptions.
- Control and improve your security posture with Azure Secure score - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/control-and-improve-your-security-posture-with-azure-secure-score/
- Strengthen your security posture and protect against threats with Azure Security Center - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/strengthen-your-security-posture-and-protect-against-threats-with-azure-security-center/
- Azure Secure Score Documentation - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/security-center/security-center-secure-score