We are very excited to announce that the NCv3 virtual machines are now generally available in the US East region. We'll be adding NCv3 to EU West and US South Central later this month. We'll add AP Southeast in April and UK South and IN Central in May.
But this isn’t the only GPU announcement I am making today. We’re also expanding our NV series, powered by NVIDIA Tesla M60 GPUs and NVIDIA GRID technology, which enables powerful remote visualization applications, into the US East 2, US Gov Virginia, and Central India regions. And our ND series, powered by NVIDIA Tesla P40 GPUs, designed for AI and machine learning workloads, are expanding into the US South Central, AP Southeast, US East, and EU West regions.
If you’re attending NVIDIA’s GPU Technology Conference (GTC) in San Jose, stop by our booth (booth 603) and learn more from the team.
Microsoft and partners will have demos of customer use cases and experts on hand to talk about how Azure is the cloud for any GPU workload. We will have demos from our partners at Altair, PipelineFX, and Workspot. In addition, you can learn about work we’ve done in oil & gas, automotive, and artificial intelligence.
Partner and customer sessions in the conference program include:
- Transforming the AEC business with cloud workstations in Azure – Jimmy Chang (Workspot)
- Deploying machine learning on the oilfield: from the labs to the edge – Matthieu Boujonnier (Schneider Electric), Bartosz Boguslawski (Schneider Electric), Loryne Bissuel-Beauvais (Schneider Electric)
- Autodesk BIM Cloud Workspace on Azure (panel) – Frank Wolbertus (TBI), Adam Jull (IMSCAD Global), Marc Sleegers (Autodesk), Allen Furmanski (Citrix Systems)
- Identifying new therapeutics for Parkinson’s Disease using virtual neurons on an Azure-hosted GPU cluster – Andy Lee (Neuroinitiative)
We also have Microsoft technical sessions as part of the conference program:
- Achieving human parity in conversational speech recognition using CNTK and a GPU farm – Frank Seide and Andreas Stolcke
- Microsoft AI and Research-Infrastructure overview for deep learning and other research – Jim Jernigan
- GPUs for every workload in Microsoft Azure – Tariq Sharif
- Building seeing AI: the talking camera app for the blind – Anirudh Koul
- DirectX: Evolving Microsoft’s Graphics Platform – Matt Sandy, Ignacio Lllamas (NVIDIA)
- Monitoring honey bee health using TensorRT and Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit – Anusua Trivedi, Jacci Cenci (NVIDIA)
- Scalable, responsive, and cost-effective object detection service for web-scale images – Yan Wang
- Attention GAN for fine-grained language-to-image generation – Pengchuan Zhan
- Accelerating machine reading comprehension models using GPUs – Adi Oltean
- NCv3 VMs generally available, other GPUs expanding regions - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ncv3-vms-generally-available-other-gpus-expanding-regions/
- Join Microsoft at the GPU Technology Conference - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/join-microsoft-at-the-gpu-technology-conference/
- GPU Technology Conference - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/gtc/
- New NVIDIA GPUs coming to Azure accelerate HPC and AI workloads - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-gpus-coming-to-azure-accelerate-hpc-and-ai-workloads/