RDS sessions from @TeamRGE @GeekOut365 community event are available here: http://www.brianmadden.com/opinion/The-TeamRGE-GeekOut-365-event-sessions-have-been-selected
RDmi: Shaping the future of Remote Desktop Services
- Summary: Microsoft recently announced Remote Desktop Modern Infrastructure (or RDmi), the latest evolution of the RDS platform. It represents a huge step forward, providing a PaaS model, multitenancy, HTML5, and much more. In this session, Freek will discuss the architecture behind RDmi and show live demos based on the current Technical Preview release.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714562514001
Datacenter GPU Smackdown
- Summary: In this session, Ruben will look at the GPU options inside your datacenter walls. He'll discuss the key differences between the Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA offerings and how they fit into your virtual desktops and applications environments.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714539965001
H.265 and Citrix HDX
- Summary: This session will explore recent additions to Citrix's HDX stack, which leverage new CODECs and NVIDIA GPU technology to enhance the user experience. Rick Dehlinger will discuss how you can use these new features to modernize your remote desktop delivery.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714552263001
What's new with Remote Display Analyzer?
- Summary: Presenters Bram Wolfs and Barry Schiffer have created a product called RDAnalyzer that lets you analyze the results of your RDP and HDX graphics configuration to determine the best possible end-user experience for each user, device, and location. With it, you can change settings and measure the differences on the fly. This session will talk about the product, what's new, and detail what you can expect to get out of it.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714573779001
How to measure a user's graphical experience
- Summary: Above all else, user experience is about response time, and many things can affect the final endpoint response time that users can see and "feel." Measuring response time in a scientific way allows us to optimize our platforms for the best user experience, and the most accurate way to do this is to put a device in the user's seat that can "see" what the user sees, instead of looking at performance metrics that can miss certain things. Magnar has made a device called UXMeter, and he will explain what it can do.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714564652001
Public Cloud GPU Smackdown
- Summary: Ruben will share his insights and unfiltered thoughts about the GPU options available in public clouds, such as AWS and Azure, and how they relate to End-User Computing solutions like Citrix, Frame, Microsoft, and VMware.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714546460001
Choosing the right GPU with WhatMatrix
- Summary: WhatMatrix is a site that facilitates crowdsourced product comparisons free from vendor influence, and in this session Jits and Ruben are going to show you how to use it to help you choose which GPU is right for your environment.
Which NVIDIA GPU Scheduler Should You Choose?
- Summary: NVIDIA has introduced new scheduling options for sharing their GPU engine, but knowing which ones to use can be a challenge. In this session, Jits will explain which scheduling options you should choose for a given situation, and why.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714580753001
Want a Successful Windows 10 Deployment? Focus on User Experience!
- Summary: In this session, Erik, a Performance Engineer at NVIDIA, will share insights from the field on how NVIDIA measures user experience and how you should architect your remote environment for great user experience and successful deployments.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714580710001
Your Datacenter is Optimized, but How Are Your Endpoints Doing?
- Summary: So much effort is spent optimizing the datacenter that it's easy to forget to pay attention to the endpoints. In this session, Rasmus will show you the different Citrix display configurations and their impact on various endpoints.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714551214001
The Ultimate Overview of Mixed Reality and Augmented Reality
- Summary: Though there isn't a large, horizontal use case for MR and AR yet, this stuff is really cool! In this session, Thomas will look at how these new technologies work in desktop virtualization environments. Plus, he'll discuss the devices available from HP, Microsoft, Samsung, and others, and how they might benefit your organization today and in the future.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714570195001
Using REX Analytics for Benchmarking Remote End User Experience
- Summary: Join Benny and Kris in their session about the REX Analytics framework that they are using for benchmarking user experience performance in remote Windows applications and virtual desktops. They'll introduce you to the relevant remote UD performance factors, test acceptance criteria, and show you their predictive analytics methods.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714571325001
Automating Graphical Test Sequences with AutoIT
- Summary: This session is a short introduction into AutoIT scripting with a focus on generating graphics workloads used for remote desktop benchmarking. Benny and Kris will demonstrate selected sample scripts designed for workload automation and collecting telemetry data.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714546978001
How to do GPU Sizing with Splunk and uberAgent
- Summary: Sizing GPUs for a VDI environment can be challenging without the right tools. In this session, PQR's Patrick van den Born will share his experience on how to correctly size GPUs with data from Splunk and uberAgent.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714549569001
You Think all Display Protocols are Equal? Watch This!
- Summary: Some people think the "Protocol Wars" are over and that all remote desktop protocols are basically the same. In this session, Bram and Barry will show you the differences between them and arm you with the information you need when choosing your next desktop virtualization platform.
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714573028001
Enhancing User Experience Over a 9,000km WAN connection
- Summary: Rody Kossen works for AWL Techniek, a global company that builds welding robots. With HQ in The Netherlands and branch offices in Czech Republic, China, Mexico, and the US, they've put a lot of work into user experience over WAN connections. In this session, Rody will detail what he learned building a global desktop virtualization platform based on NVIDIA GRID and Citrix XenDesktop, as well as how to increase the user experience over long-haul WAN connections
- Link: http://www.brianmadden.com/geekout365/player/5714547049001
- Watch now: The TeamRGE / GeekOut 365 videos are available - http://www.brianmadden.com/opinion/The-TeamRGE-GeekOut-365-event-sessions-have-been-selected
- @TeamRGE @GeekOut365 Sessions: https://t.co/aFDk7nWnig