As of January 10th, 2018: PowerShell Core 6.0 is a new edition of PowerShell that is cross-platform (Windows, macOS, and Linux), open-source, and built for heterogeneous environments and the hybrid cloud.
The blog article below addresses the following:
- Where do you get it?
- How do you update a pre-existing PowerShell Core installation to 6.0?
- What’s the difference between PowerShell and PowerShell Core?
- What are the supported platforms?
- What’s New in PowerShell Core 6.0?
- Does PowerShell Core affect your Windows PowerShell installation?
- What modules work in PowerShell Core?
- And so much more….!